BOMI International Partners with Pepco C&I Energy Savings Program for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Training
The Pepco C&I Energy Savings Program provides partial reimbursement of tuition costs for training building operations personnel who support commercial and industrial facilities in Maryland. The incentive is based upon participation and successful completion of approved professional development courses that focus on enhancing building performance through the reduction and conservation of electrical energy use.
Incentive-Qualified BOMI International Courses
The O&M Training program offered by Pepco provides cash incentives for approved course completion. BOMI International’s professional development courses that focus on achieving greater building energy efficiency through the implementation of sustainable best practices are among the courses approved by the Pepco program. These qualified courses are all approved by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) and qualify for the LEED® Credential Maintenance Program (CMP).* The courses are:
- Air Handling, Water Treatment, and Plumbing Systems: Through this course, you will learn about climate control for human comfort, the components of HVAC systems, and the basics of water treatment and plumbing systems. You will gain the skills and knowledge to perform common water tests, maintain air-conditioning systems, maintain water services, and inspect portable fire extinguishers.
- Electrical Systems and Illumination: To safely operate and maintain a building’s electrical equipment, you must thoroughly understand the components of electrical systems and how to measure the electricity your building consumes. This course provides you with a clear understanding of electricity basics, the skills needed to measure electrical consumption, and the ability to recognize, set up, and maintain reliable and effective maintenance and safety systems.
- Energy Management and Controls: From everyday preventive maintenance tasks to the challenge of developing and selling an energy plan, this course provides you with the skills to evaluate and optimize your current system, the know-how to integrate new components, and the ability to communicate your needs to decision makers.
- Refrigeration Systems and Accessories: This course reviews the basic refrigeration cycle and refrigeration system components, as well as how to operate and maintain reciprocating and absorption refrigeration systems. You will gain the skills and knowledge to describe the principles of refrigeration and identify the performance characteristics of refrigeration components.
- The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part I: This course provides information property and facility managers need to manage the ongoing operation and maintenance of building systems and to maximize building efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part II: This course provides information property and facility managers must have to increase occupant safety and comfort while facilitating building efficiency to meet the business goals of an organization. This course will cover building systems management, analytics, and optimization, best practices in building operations and maintenance, and high performance security and life safety systems design.
*approved for 24 GBCI CE hours toward the LEED CMP.
For More Information, Contact:
P: 410.974.1410 ext. 1327
C&I Energy Savings Program