BOMI International Legal Statement
Conditions of Use
By using this site, you signify your agreement to the following conditions of use without limitation or qualification. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site. BOMI International may at any time revise these terms and conditions without notice by updating this posting. You should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current terms and conditions.
THE MATERIALS ON www.bomi.org ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON‑INFRINGEMENT. BOMI INTERNATIONAL DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
Links to other sites can be accessed through this home page. Such external internet addresses contain information created, published, maintained or otherwise posted by organizations independent of BOMI International. BOMI INTERNATIONAL MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH ANY THIRD‑PARTY SITE OR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY THIRD‑PARTY SITE. Furthermore, BOMI International does not endorse, approve or certify any information, product of service referenced or provided through any third-party web site.
Limitation of Liability
While BOMI International uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on this website, errors or omissions may occur. BOMI International makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of this website. Under no circumstances including, but not limited to, negligence by act of omission, shall BOMI International or any party involved in creating, producing, or delivering this website be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages resulting from: (a) your use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this website; (b) any products, services, information, activities, and/or materials available on or through the website; (c) any breaches of security involving the site or your account, or any lack of availability or operational problem of, the website; or (d) any viruses or other code that may affect your computer equipment or other property as a result of your use of the website.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless BOMI International and its Affiliates and all of their employees, agents, directors, officers, proprietors, partners, representatives, shareholders, servants, attorneys, predecessors, successors, and assigns, from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses), relating to or arising from your use of the website, any breach by you of this Agreement, or any other matter for which you are responsible hereunder or under law.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
Any disputes arising in connection with the use of the website and/or this Agreement shall be resolved by binding arbitration in the State of Maryland, U.S.A. by a single arbitrator under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The award shall be enforceable in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The validity, construction, and performance of this Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, U.S.A.
This website is controlled and operated by BOMI International from its offices within the United States. BOMI International makes no representation that materials on the website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where any of the contents of this website are illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access this website from other locations, you do so on your own volition and are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
Code of Conduct
You agree not to do the following:
(1) Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the website. This includes, without limitation: (a) using, or attempting to use, any account without the owner’s permission, (b) obtaining or soliciting another person’s password or other personal information under false pretenses, or (c) impersonating another user or otherwise misrepresenting yourself to BOMI International, the website’s systems, or other entities.
(2) Interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the operation of the website. This includes, without limitation, (a) interfering with, defeating, or circumventing any security function of the website, or attempting to do so, or (b) accessing, or attempting to access, any portion of the website that you are not authorized to access. Unauthorized access (or attempts) may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
(3) Post, store, or transmit any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by BOMI International in its sole discretion) information or material.
(4) Post, store, or transmit any information or material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
(5) Use the website to post, store, or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component.
(6) Use the website to post, store, or transmit materials in violation of another party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights. You are solely responsible for determining whether any material you post, store, or transmit is subject to a third party’s rights;
(7) Use the Site for any unlawful purposes.
(8) Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, resell, retransmit, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the website.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
This site is owned and operated by BOMI International. Permission is granted to display and navigate around this website solely for personal, non-commercial use. Any commercial or public use of this website or any portion thereof is strictly prohibited.
Except as otherwise permitted by BOMI International, no materials from www.bomi.org may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way. You may download material displayed on this website for non-commercial, personal use only provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content of this website for public of commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video, without BOMI International’s written permission.
Trademarks/Service Marks and Copyrights
Images displayed on this website are either the property of, or used with permission by, BOMI International. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted herein. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
All trademarks, service marks, certification marks, trade names, logos, and icons used or controlled by BOMI International are proprietary to BOMI International or BOMA International. Nothing contained on the website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark, service mark or certification mark displayed on this website without the written permission of BOMI International or such third party that may own the trademarks, service marks or certification marks displayed on this website. Your use of the trademarks, service marks or certification marks displayed on this website, or any other content on this website, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under US copyright law. BOMI International reserves the right to remove any material on the Site which allegedly infringes another person’s copyright.
Notices to BOMI International regarding any alleged copyright infringement on the website or any inquiries concerning use of BOMI International trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, icons, copyrights or other intellectual property should be addressed to BOMI International, One Park Place, Suite 475, Annapolis, MD 21401.
Trademark/Service Mark Notices
All trademarks, services marks, certification marks, trade names and logos used by BOMI International are registered trademarks or services marks of BOMI International or BOMA International.
We are very protective of our trademarks, service marks and/or certification marks. All use of these marks must be with our permission. We will file appropriate legal actions to enjoin the unauthorized use of these marks.