Managing the Organization
Back to Course Listing
Managing the Organization will prepare you to manage and lead your organization through improved communication, motivation, relationship and team building, project management, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Managers who take this course will be able to further develop their group leadership and management techniques and abilities, and analyze and improve their relationships with staff, colleagues, and owners.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate what motivates staff and how to use techniques to influence staff behavior
- Demonstrate the importance of communication and marketing and provide tools and techniques for the manager to accomplish
- Provide a framework for organizing the various functions associated with facilities management and the rationale for organization configurations
- Demonstrate the importance of problem solving and provide problem-solving tools necessary for manager to guide staff in problem-solving activities
- Apply your learned skills and abilities to a sustainability-driven building upgrade case study
Key topic areas:
management skills and tools • leadership styles and relationships • types of organizations • team building, leadership, and motivation • planning, controlling, and decision making • problem-solving techniques • project and change management • workplace safety and documentation
FMA®, RPA®, SMA® designations
USGBC Recommendation: 30
GBCI continuing education hours toward the LEED Credential Maintenance Program
Select an offering below to register.
Note BOMI International courses are offered throughout the country through a partnership with Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Locals. If you cannot find a course in your area, please pre-register and tell us where, when, and how you would like to take the course.
||Dec 14, 2020 to Dec 16, 2020
||Jan 18, 2021 to Jan 20, 2021
|Live Virtual Learning
||Feb 22, 2021 to Mar 17, 2021
||Apr 21, 2021 to Apr 23, 2021
Back to Top