Law and Risk Management
Back to Course Listing
Law and Risk Management presents information about torts, contracts, employer/employee relations, property rights, leasing and conveyancing, and environmental law and insurance. It also discusses the insurance market, different types of insurance policies, and the claims adjustment process. Reading this material will provide you with a foundation in the basic principles of law and risk management, thus helping you deal with everyday legal and risk issues surrounding your business.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the issues surrounding contracting law
- Explain the legal aspects of real estate financing
- Understand environmental law and land use
- Identify potential legal liability situations
- Formulate effective loss control programs
- Understand insurance policies needed to help protect your company from potential liability claims
- Describe how underwriting for insurance affects your coverage
- Provide comprehensive employee benefit plans
Key topic areas:
conveying and financing real estate • contracts • property interests • premises liability • environmental law and concerns • employment relationships and agency • introduction to risk management • insurance company operations • principles of insurance and insurable risk • general liability insurance and employee benefit plans • loss exposures
Select an offering below to register.
Note BOMI International courses are offered throughout the country through a partnership with Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Locals. If you cannot find a course in your area, please pre-register and tell us where, when, and how you would like to take the course.
|Live Virtual Learning
||Aug 16, 2022 to Sep 20, 2022
||BOMA New York
Back to Top