Law and Risk Management
Back to Course Listing
NEW EDITION: 2023!
In today’s complex business environment, it is becoming increasingly important for property managers to know how to address legal and risk management issues. This course will provide a foundation in the basic principles of law and risk management, helping you deal with everyday legal and risk issues.
The new application-based microlessons provide a guided tutorial for the correct process of creating a deed and the legal aspects of enforcing it, tools and strategies to ensure your lease agreements are fully compliant - minimizing risks and maximizing returns, and an understanding of how to manage insurance coverage strategically, ensuring optimal protection while avoiding over-insurance pitfalls.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the issues surrounding contracting law
- Explain the legal aspects of real estate financing
- Understand environmental law and land use
- Identify potential legal liability situations
- Formulate effective loss control programs
- Understand insurance policies needed to help protect your company from potential liability claims
- Describe how underwriting for insurance affects your coverage
- Provide comprehensive employee benefit plans
Key topic areas:
conveying and financing real estate • contracts • property interests • premises liability • environmental law and concerns • employment relationships and agency • introduction to risk management • insurance company operations • principles of insurance and insurable risk • general liability insurance and employee benefit plans • loss exposures
Select an offering below to register.
Note BOMI courses are offered throughout the country through a partnership with Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Locals. If you cannot find a course in your area, please pre-register and tell us where, when, and how you would like to take the course.
|Collaborative Virtual Learning
||Mar 05, 2024 to Mar 28, 2024
||May 01, 2024 to May 03, 2024
||Oct 09, 2024 to Oct 11, 2024
Back to Top