Fundamentals of Facilities Management
Back to Course Listing
Fundamentals of Facilities Management includes a number of key concepts and applications that are designed to provide the base from which you can build a career in facilities management. Successful facility managers must have business savvy supported by a broad scope of technical knowledge. Therefore, you will gain an understanding of the importance of facilities management to business organizations and operations, while also learning strategies for internal marketing. You will learn how to structure and manage operations and maintenance programs, and how to manage personnel effectively to control workloads. You will likewise acquire project management and leadership skills crucial to your success.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate the importance of facilities management to business organizations
- Structure and manage operations and maintenance programs
- Manage internal and outsourced personnel effectively to control workloads
- Align facilities operations with information management, cost controls, and investment and budgeting strategies
- Make effective decisions and apply insight into information analysis methods
- Manage a successful project, with you as a team leader
Key topic areas:
principles of information management • investment, cost controls, and budgeting strategies • operating levels of facilities activities • outsourcing principles • benefits of leasing vs. ownership
Select an offering below to register.
Note BOMI International courses are offered throughout the country through a partnership with Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Locals. If you cannot find a course in your area, please pre-register and tell us where, when, and how you would like to take the course.
||Aug 17, 2020 to Aug 19, 2020
||Sep 11, 2020 to Sep 13, 2020
Back to Top