Environmental Health and Safety Issues (Canadian Version)
Back to Course Listing
Environmental Health and Safety Issues (Canadian Version) presents best practices for developing and managing an effective environmental health and safety program through a Canadian perspective. You will learn about the regulatory process and how it affects facilities. Compliance with laws and regulations is a key focus. The course will prepare you to conduct site assessments, analyze risk, and cooperate with compliance audits. The course also guides learners through the planning process to mitigate the risk from any workplace emergency, specifically addressing hazardous materials, air quality, water pollution, asbestos and lead hazards, and tank management.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Develop and manage an effective environmental health and safety program, integrating sustainable best practices wherever appropriate
- Ensure that your facilities are in compliance with Federal, state, and local regulatory mandates
- Assess environmental risk factors and prepare for compliance audits
- Address emergency environmental health situations through proper planning and incident response
- Maintain health and safety records in accordance with industry best practices
- Manage indoor environmental quality complaints related to air, water, mold, radon, asbestos, and other environmental hazards
- Execute appropriate record keeping, reporting, and other requirements associated with aboveground and underground storage tank regulations
- Design and implement a waste management program, including recycling and disposal of all forms of waste including landfills waste, hazardous waste, universal, electronic, and tenant-generated waste
Key topic areas:
regulatory overview, including OSHA and EPA regulations • hazard communication • asbestos and lead management • office and industrial ergonomics • indoor air quality, air emissions, and pollution control • storage tanks, hazardous waste, and site assessment • audits, recordkeeping, and other regulatory issues
FMA®, RPA®, SMA® designations
USGBC Recommendation: 30
GBCI continuing education hours toward the LEED Credential Maintenance Program
Select an offering below to register.
Note BOMI International courses are offered throughout the country through a partnership with Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Locals. If you cannot find a course in your area, please pre-register and tell us where, when, and how you would like to take the course.
Back to Top